Bravery, courage, fear and love in a time of war

Estate Administration & Grants of Representation

What does being an Executor or Administrator mean?

Those responsible for dealing with the administration of a deceased person’s estate is either called an Executor or Administrator.

An Executor is responsible for distributing the estate of the person who has died in accordance with the terms of the deceased’s Will.

An Administrator is someone who has elected to act when there is no Will in place.

Both Executors and Administrators are collectively known as Personal Representatives.

How we can help you

Dealing with the loss of a loved one can be a difficult and stressful time and you may find yourself needing help or advice on what to do. We will guide you and offer solutions and support.  

Grants of Administration or Grants of Probate may be required if certain assets such as land or shares are owned. Sometimes banks require a Grant because of the value held in the account. 

A Grant for Letters of Administration is obtained when there is no Will.The person or persons entitled can apply if they qualify under the rules of intestacy. We can advise you in these circumstances.

A Grant of Probate is issued when there is a Will and it authorises the executor/s to deal with the administration of the estate.

We will advise you on what is required to obtain the Grant and we can help you complete the administration as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We will also guide you on the exposure to inheritance tax and we will complete inheritance tax forms, statutory notices and other important matters to protect you as executor or administrator.

No items found.
Get in touch